Improvers Running Group
The NEXT course is running from:
- Course 17 - Wednesday 22nd May until Wednesday 10th July 2013
Completion of the course will be celebrated at the Reigate Priory Summer 10k on Wednesday 10th July 2013.
Cost is £60 and includes eight weekly sessions, a training diary, entry into the event and membership to Run to Live Running Club until December 2013.
Can you run/walk 3 miles comfortably? Have you been wanting to increase your distance but don't know how to safely? Here at Run to Live we love running for lots of reasons. You know the obvious benefits from running such as an increase in fitness, help in strengthening bones and weight loss (if that's what you are looking for). But, do you know about the 'other stuff' such as help from depression, stress relief, building self esteem and most importantly having fun? Interested? Then we are here to help.
Run to Live offer a fully structured and supported 8 week program giving you the opportunity to go back to running school and learn how to increase your running safely. It sounds silly, of course you all know how to run, we just make it simple, teach the basics, give you lots of support, encouragement and enthusiasm. You also get the benefit of our mistakes and advice to get you up to six miles as safely as we can. The course is suitable for people who can cover 3 miles at a slow pace. We follow a gentle walk-run system, gradually decreasing the time walking and increasing the time running.
All intermediate courses are 8 weeks long and are led by experienced personnel. The cost is £60 and booking is easy. Just contact Nicky on 0845 263 8801 or email@example.com to register your interest now!
You will understand the need to talk about liability so here is an important message. The groups are led by a fully qualified gym instructor as well as experienced volunteers. They will pass on experience and enthusiasm and help your running in any way they can. Payment covers you under our insurance for 3rd party purposes only. You join the group at your own risk and Run to Live Ltd will not take any responsibility for any injuries or illnesses incurred as a result of participation.
In order to help prevent injuries there are several things you can do to help:
- Prior to the course, run/walk 3 times a week for 30-40 minutes, whenever you can.
- If you are a member of a gym then strength training concentrating on leg muscles although not essential will help
- Pilates is a super companion for running
- Make sure you have comfortable clothing. Ideally breathable clothes not made out of cotton. See http://runtolive.myshopify.com/collections/
- When buying shoes make sure you get them fitted from an running shoe specialist. Any reputable shop should use video gait analysis to check your running style prior to recommendation.
- If you are a lady. A well fitting supportive sport bra is a must.