Beginners Running Group
The NEXT courses are running from:
- Course 41 - Monday, 7.15pm, Monday 3rd June to Monday 22nd July 2013
- Course 42 - Friday, 9.15am, Friday 7th June to Friday 26th July 2013
Completion of all courses will be celebrated at the Nonsuch parkrun on Saturday 27th July 2013. The course costs £30 for eight weeks.
Here at Run to Live we love running for lots of reasons. You know the obvious benefits from running such as an increase in fitness, help in strengthening bones and weight loss (if that's what you are looking for). But, do you know about the 'other stuff' such as help from depression, stress relief, building self esteem and most importantly having fun? Interested? Then we are here to help.
Run to Live offer a fully structured and supported 8 week program giving you the opportunity to go back to running school and learn how to run. It sounds silly, of course you all know how to run, we just make it simple, teach the basics, give you lots of support, encouragement and enthusiasm. You also get the benefit of our mistakes and advice to get you up to three miles as safely as we can. The course is suitable for absolute beginners. We follow a gentle walk-run system, gradually decreasing the time walking and increasing the time running.
All beginners courses are 8 weeks long, last for around 40 minutes a time and are led by experienced personnel. Booking is easy just contact Nicky on 0845 263 8801 or email@example.com to register your interest now!
You will understand the need to talk about liability so here is an important message. The groups are led by a fully qualified gym instructor as well as experienced volunteers. They will pass on experience and enthusiasm and help your running in any way they can. Payment covers you under our insurance for 3rd party purposes only. You join the group at your own risk and Run to Live Ltd will not take any responsibility for any injuries or illnesses incurred as a result of participation.
In order to help prevent injuries there are several things you can do to help:
- Prior to the course, if you have the opportunity, to increase your walking, whenever you can.
- If you are a member of a gym then strength training concentrating on leg muscles although not essential will help
- Pilates is a super companion for running
- Make sure you have comfortable clothing. Ideally breathable clothes not made out of cotton. See www.runtolive.co.uk
- When buying shoes make sure you get them fitted from an running shoe specialist. Any reputable shop should use video gait analysis to check your running style prior to recommendation.
- If you are a lady. A well fitting supportive sport bra is a must.